BAX® System Q7
Precise, Powerful Molecular Pathogen Detection
To lessen the risk of costly recalls or brand-damaging headlines, food testing labs need fast, accurate and convenient tools for detecting the presence of pathogens in their raw ingredients, environmental samples and finished products. For decades, labs around the world have chosen the award-winning BAX® System as their preferred method for food safety testing.
With a robust list of both real-time and end-point assays, globally validated for a wide variety of foods and environmental sample types, the BAX® System Q7 is sure to meet the demands of food processors across the entire supply chain.
Accuracy. Reliability. Ease-of-Use.
In the food & beverage industry, accurate results mean fewer re-tests, shorter storage time for products on hold and less waste of truly safe food.
BAX® System features, such as intuitive layout & software interface and internal positive control tablet, reduce potential errors to help ensure tests are run properly. BAX® System results are often available within 24 hours after sample incubation starts, instead of days or weeks later after colonies have grown.
The BAX® System Q7 is configured for convenience, minimizing operator handling and improving ease of use. In addition, outstanding sensitivity, specificity and accuracy round out the system’s compelling value to its users.
- 96-well format for maximum sample throughput.
- Robust validations including AOAC and AFNOR.
- Clear and reproducible results, independent of operator technique.
- Internal positive control with every assay to validate negative results.
- Continuous detection during PCR cycling collects data in “real-time”reducing time to result.
- Automated cycling, detection and analysis without the need for expert skill.
- Multi-wavelength real-time detection to identify multiple targets in a single sample.
- LIMS compatible system allows for easy storage, retrieval and printing.
BAX® System PCR Assays
Fast and accurate tests for pathogenic bacteria and spoilage organisms
Food companies, service labs and government regulators around the world rely on Hygiena’s BAX® System to quickly and accurately detect unwanted bacteria in raw ingredients, finished products and environmental samples. Accurate results mean fewer re-tests, shorter storage time for products on hold and less waste of truly safe food.
Each BAX® System PCR assay kit includes lysis buffer and protease, along with 96 PCR tubes, containing BAX® System PCR tablets. These convenient tablets contain all the reagents needed for fast and reliable testing results. Simply hydrate with the prepared sample and load the rack into the BAX® System instrument for automated analysis. Many of these PCR assays have been validated by third-parties, such as AOAC and AFNOR, for a variety of food and/or surface matrices and are certified as effective molecular methods for detecting the pathogen.
- Real-Time Salmonella
- coli O157:H7
- Real-Time STEC
- Real-Time coli O157:H7
- Listeria spp.
- Listeria spp. 24E
- Real-Time Listeria spp.
- monocytogenes 24E
- Real-Time monocytogenes
- Staphylococcus aureus
- Campylobacter (C. jejuni, C. coli, C. lari)
- Shigella spp.
- Vibrio (V. cholera, V. parahaemolyticus, V. vulnificus)
- Yeast and molds