BAX® System X5
Fast, accurate, easy to use.
Advanced DNA-based PCR technology provides rapid, reproducible results to help you make faster product release decisions with confidence.
The BAX® System X5 handles up to 32 samples, using the same advanced PCR technology to accurately and reliably identify foodborne pathogens in raw ingredients, finished products and environmental samples with a smaller lab footprint.
The BAX® System is configured for convenience, minimizing operator handling and improving ease of use. In addition, its outstanding sensitivity, specificity, and accuracy round out the system’s compelling value to its users.
- 3.5 hour run time
- Small footprint
- LIMS-compatible electronic results
- Simple to install and virtually maintenance free
- Simplified sample prep reduces hands-on time and requires minimal lab training
- PCR-amplified samples remain sealed for easy disposal and minimized potential for cross-contamination
- Prepackaged PCR tablets eliminate need for reagent preparation
- Automated sample preparation complete in the Hygiena™ Automated Thermal Block in about 1 hour
- Built-in positive control automatically runs with each sample to ensure reliable results
- AOAC-RI and/or AFNOR Certification for all test kits
BAX® System X5 PCR Assays
With a processing time of approximately 3.5 hours in the BAX® System X5 instrument, the method returns results comparable to culture methods, but with a significantly faster time to result. All assays report clear yes/no results at concentrations as low as 10^4 cfu/mL after enrichment.
The BAX® System X5 PCR Assay for Salmonella is a quick and reliable method for detecting Salmonella species from a wide variety of food and environmental samples.
AFNOR QUA 18/03-11/02
AOAC-RI PTM #100201
E. coli O157:H7
The BAX® System X5 PCR Assay for E. coli O157:H7 is a quick and reliable method for detecting E. coli O157:H7 from ground beef, beef trim, raw meats, raw milk, vegetables, fruits and ready-to-eat meals.
AFNOR QUA 18/04-03/08
AOAC-RI PTM #050501
The BAX® System X5 PCR Assay for Genus Listeria is a quick and reliable method for detecting Listeria species from frankfurters, smoked salmon, vegetables, cheese and environmental surfaces.
AFNOR QUA 18/06-07/08
AOAC-RI PTM #030502
The BAX® System X5 PCR Assay for L. monocytogenes is a quick and reliable method for detecting Listeria species from various meat and seafood products, fruits, vegetables, and dairy products.
AFNOR QUA 18/05-07/08
AOAC-RI PTM #070202